This is a topic that is constantly talked about and we see issues about security and scams to be aware of all the time. We want to share a few ideas for online security especially in today’s digital environment, and while we are not in the “security or IT business” we all need to be extremely careful out there to keep safe our personal information from prying eyes. Here are a few things that we employ that may be helpful for You:
- Do not send emails that have ANY personal information that could be stolen or used against you. Examples are Social Security numbers, Account numbers, Etc.
- If You do send an email use a Secure or Encrypted option and keep that email secure when replying or forwarding. If you are not familiar with how to do this take a few minutes to look up how to do this online, it is fairly simple and there are lots of resources out there.
- Keep a security password on ALL Electronics that may have personal information. From your Mobile Phone to Your Computer this adds an extra level of security access to those devices.
- Be aware of whether you are using a home or work vs public network when you are online and set your Electronics privacy settings appropriately.
- Do NOT “save” or use “automatic” passwords. While this is very convenient, it is VERY convenient for those prying eyes as you have left the electronic “door” open for them.
- 2 Factor Authentication: again, not a convenience for You, but another level of “locked door” to go thru to verify who is logging in to those websites that have private information on You.
This is just a short list to share some salient points of security in our digital world which is constantly changing. Since Technology moves forward at an extremely fast pace we always recommend that you find and work with a reputable “IT” company that can help and guide you with Your privacy and Security.